Orthopedic & Sports Medicine Specialists (OSMS), a physician-owned orthopedic, sports medicine and rheumatologic practice with clinics in Green Bay, Appleton and Marinette, has completed building its 60,000-square-foot orthopedic clinic and surgery center in the Appleton area. The clinic is now open, and the surgery center will open in early 2021.
Through a joint venture operating agreement, Ascension Wisconsin and OSMS are collaborating on the surgery center, which will be called The Orthopedic Surgery Center of the Fox Valley.
The OSMS clinic and Orthopedic Surgery Center of the Fox Valley is located at 1205 West American Drive off Highway 10 in Fox Crossing. Patients have access to a full spectrum of orthopedic and sports medicine services including:
- a walk-in Acute Injury Clinic for urgent orthopedic injuries including fractures, sprains or lacerations;
- a full scope of surgical and non-surgical orthopedic care for all ages including joint replacements, fracture care, arthroscopy (scopes), injections, and more;
- a procedure room to provide efficient, cost-effective care for treating conditions like carpal tunnel or trigger finger;
- a full scope of rheumatologic care including infusion suites;
- physical and occupational therapy provided by Ascension Wisconsin.
“This is an exciting time for our doctor-owned practice,” OSMS CEO Sandy Fragale said. “Over the years, we’ve developed a high quality, safe, efficient and cost-effective model of care that is built around the patient experience. In fact, in the markets we serve, we’re proud to say we have a 98% satisfaction rating. We are looking forward to bringing our dynamic model of patient care to the Fox Valley area.”
The clinic and surgery center will create approximately 35 new jobs, including nurses, physician assistants, surgical technologists, among others.
In April 2019, OSMS and Ascension Wisconsin announced a joint venture to expand orthopedic services in the Fox Valley. The team of orthopedic surgeons include:
- William Albiero – Orthopedic Surgeon
- William Enright – Orthopedic Surgeon
- Joel Hein – Orthopedic Surgeon
- Gregory Kirwan – Orthopedic Foot and Ankle Specialist
- Kevin Knox – Hand Surgeon
- Daniel Linehan – Orthopedic Surgeon
- Joseph McCormick – Orthopedic Surgeon
- Darren Nabor – Orthopedic Surgeon
- Jacob Seiler – Orthopedic Surgeon
The team of rheumatologists include:
- Suraiya Afroz – Rheumatologist
- Manpreet Sethi – Rheumatologist
- Paul Tuttle – Pediatric & Adult Rheumatologist
- Paul Utrie– Rheumatologist
“Recognizing that Wisconsin is known for promoting an active lifestyle, we’re seeing an increase in orthopedic needs from student-athletes to weekend-warriors to baby boomers,” said Bernie Sherry, ministry market executive, Ascension Wisconsin. “Working together with OSMS to expand orthopedic care in the Fox Valley upholds Ascension Wisconsin’s promise of keeping care close to home in the communities we’re privileged to serve.”
As a doctor-owned company for more than 50 years, OSMS provides personalized care for patients in northeast Wisconsin and Michigan’s Upper Peninsula. OSMS has 20 orthopedic physicians and four rheumatologists who take great pride in getting patients back to the life they love.
Learn more about existing OSMS orthopedic care in the Fox Valley here.
OSMS and Ascension Wisconsin hold groundbreaking ceremony for new clinic and surgery center
A groundbreaking ceremony for our new clinic and ambulatory surgery center was held on Tuesday, Oct. 23.
The ceremony featured speakers CEO Sandy Fragale and Dr. William Enright from OSMS and regional president Monica Hilt and ministry market executive Bernie Sherry from Ascension Wisconsin.
Sherry said that on behalf of Ascension, they are grateful they found OSMS as a partner.
“One of our goals in the community is to enhance clinical care, to enhance access, to drive better outcomes. We feel like we’ve found that in a partnership with OSMS,” Sherry said.
Enright said that when the OSMS and Ascension teams met to discuss a partnership, they were focused on one question: Are we aligned in what it means to take care of patients?
“At OSMS, our priority is the patient experience. From their first contact with our office, to their treatment plan and beyond, we want the patient to say ‘I wish everyone did it like this,’” Enright said.
We are looking forward to working in the Fox Valley community alongside Ascension Wisconsin for years to come. We are certain that this endeavor will help our patients in the greater Fox Valley area get back to the lives they love.