At Orthopedic Surgery Center of Green Bay or Orthopedic Surgery Center of the Fox Valley, we are not only focused on the best possible outcomes, we are focused on a surgical experience that keeps our patients safe, informed, comfortable, and relaxed. From arrival to discharge, our process is designed to make your experience personalized to you.
The OSMS PREP Team are always here to answer any questions or address concerns that you may have.
THE NIGHT BEFORE YOUR SURGERY
Please DO NOT eat any solid food for eight hours prior to arrival time.
Please DO NOT drink any liquid for four hours prior to your arrival time.
This includes water, gum, and mints.
If you do not do this, your procedure may have to be canceled, delayed, or rescheduled.
*If you choose to drink coffee, up to 4 hours before surgery arrival time, it must be black coffee. No cream, no sugar.
- You MUST have a responsible adult to stay with you
- You are encouraged to follow all of your specific discharge instructions
- Ice, elevate, and use pain medication as prescribed for pain control
- Progress your diet slowly and drink plenty of water
- A member of our care team will contact you the following day
- If at any time you have questions, give us a call
LEAVING THE SURGERY CENTER
For most non-joint replacement procedures, patients are typically ready to leave the surgery center within two hours following surgery. You will receive specific discharge instructions, both verbal and written, before leaving. A surgery center team member will contact you after you have been home to check your progress and answer any questions.